3.2 crashes on me everytime I SAVE/SAVE AS

Hi all,

I can't save anything with this version. I have to 'select all' then copy into Irfanview to save my work. No error messages, just locks up. Only option that works is the big red X then windows says it's not responding and needs to close.

PC;

Intel duo core processor clocked at 4.33 Ghz

4 gigs ram

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS with 640 mb ram

24" monitor at 1600 x 1200 res

WinXP Pro

Anyone got a clue why?

Happy New Year,

Rick

At my age, 'happy hour' is a nap...

My web site, http://www.allricksstuff.com is for narrow gauge train lovers...

Yes, the 'Browse' dialog comes up and that's where it freezes. I can't click on any 'option' within it once the dialog pops up except the big red X (close) which causes the shut down.

Thought I might also add, if I close, (big X), while I've edited anything, and the 'in app' dialog pops up and asks me what I want to do, then click on 'save', it freezes there too. I have no saving abilities at all.

Rick

@thegrindre:

If you are able to set the file name and save location, where on your system are you trying to save the file?
This is quite important as it has been known that certain files within the folder being saved in have caused problems such as this - if I remember correctly, DivX or Xvid videos - so it would be useful if you could tell us the contents of the folder to be saved in. We don't need to know file names or stuff of that nature, just file types will do.

I know that, but what is in the folder? You don't even need Paint.NET to do that, just find it through Explorer and list off the file types in there.

If, however, you don't know what the 'default folder' is, go to File > Open whilst in Paint.NET and see which folder comes up as this one will be the folder you are freezing with. Paint.NET uses the most recent folder accessed as the folder to save / open in.

I do hope that made sense.

Everything seems to be working fine, now. :? I was going to post some screenshots but I can't get it to 'crash' anymore. :shock: Only change I made was to change the default .png file save to a .bmp file. :?

I save to my desktop, btw.

Thanks,

Rick