Darken the Skin on Photos

Hey,

thanks for your post. I know how to cut out Images and I selected one part in order to test if it works. When selected, I chose Brightness/Contrast (hope that it's the right translation) and put Brightness -100. But this setting had no effect on the picture. Could you tell me what curves I have to change? RGB?

Thanks

If it had no effect on the picture, you probably had the wrong layer selected. Make sure you choose the layer with the skin you want to darken on it.

Hope this helps. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Hey,

now I found out how it works. You were right David, thanks. But the problem is, that I don't want to cut out the skin - I just want to make it apppear darker. When I just select the Skin it doesn't change its color, but when I cut it out I have to put it into the picure again later. Is there a possibility to change the skin color without cutting it out?

thanks

Sure. Just use the Curves adjustment. You'll want to change it to RGB mode, and then uncheck Blue and Green; drag the curve for Red up, then uncheck Red and check Green; drag it slightly below Red, then uncheck Green and check Blue; drag it slightly down.

The exact points will change depending on the existing skin color, the lighting in the photo, how dark you want the skin, etc.

You should know, though: this will effect the entire image. If you want to just affect the face, you'll need to cut it out or take a look at the "Condititional Hue/Saturation" plugin.

Hope this helps. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear, glad to help. :-)