Feature request - Icon (.ico) files ...

I know your FAQ offers the reasons why Paint.net presently does not include the ability to load, edit, or save icons (.ico files); and instead recommends the use of a product which costs $59.95 US dollars.

(However) that is precisely the feature I am requesting: the ability for Paint.net to add the ability to load, edit and save .ico files.

I know presently it cannot, but could it? It would certainly add to Paint.net's (already) richness and capability. Please consider the possibility.

Thanks for an excellent program, and growing better with each release.

Laurence

No, sorry. As stated in the FAQ, Paint.NET would make a horrible icon editor. At the most we would provide the ability to import from an ICO file, but no save capability.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

:!:

There is a little program called easypicture2icon which can take all kinds of images and convert them to icon format with several different dimensions (64x64, 48x48, 32x32, 16x16). So you can use Paint.NET to edit the icon image and convert to .ico with this little tool.

However, I would recommed you to try Photobie, another free .NET image editor, which allows you to save image to ico format with above dimensions.

Furthermore, it has very nice autoscroll screen capture tool. It is at least a good compliment to Paint.NET

--dolet