Plugin request - Starfield generator

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could create a plugin that can generate a random starfield, somewhat like this, or, more likely, a scaled down version:

12.jpg

Would this feature be possible to implement into the plugin: it is possible to set "magnets" whereby a clump of stars are created around or near the attractor?

Thanks,

Josh

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

Have you checked this tutorial?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3242&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=starfield

This is my result:

amazingsmall.png

It's not the same, but it's a pretty interesting tut anyhow

Considering that that tutorial is a photoshop one it might take a while to reliably make something similar in PDN....

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Thanks for the link. I made this with it:

Starfield_by_PhillipsJ2.png

Nice huh?

I guess this takes the place of my plugin, unless anyone wants to make it... Thanks for the help guys! :mrgreen:

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

Thanks. That was an effect of my own devising (sort of). I made a new layer, set it to glow and used clouds with a primary colour of black, and a secondary colour with 0 Alpha.

~John Lennon

I made starfields pretty routinely with Paint.NET. As soon as DeviantART is out of read-only mode, I'll link to some of my pics with starfields.

HINT: I use several different layers on several different blending modes, like additive.

Thanks. That was an effect of my own devising (sort of). I made a new layer, set it to glow and used clouds with a primary colour of black, and a secondary colour with 0 Alpha.

That would be really neat if you were editing Google Earth or Aerial images, so that you could add more realistic clouds...Thanks for sharing that effect with us! I like how you added your own compliments instead of just following the tutorial word for word..

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Well, that's the best thing about an image editor with PdN's features, and ease of use! You can't really make serious additions in something like Photoshop, as it is too hard for the average user, and you can't change images in MS Paint, unless you want to draw a square, or an ugly, aliased, jaggy line...

Actually, I want to go on and put more into the picture, but I'm inspiration-less... I want to put in a good-looking planet, but I can't work out how to do it. I know I need to use S3D to make the sphere, but I can't seem to make a good texture... Can anyone help?

~John Lennon