Please help me with the Levels command

Hi!

Love Paint.net it is great

Now on to my little problem that I need help with.

I recently took some underwater digital pictures, which turned out very very blue!

I did some research and purchased a couple of books which have told me that there is a lack of color as you get deeper and deeper underwater, hence the lack of red, orange etc in my pics.

I now that there is a photoshop plugin or action called Underwater Colour Correct Red.

This seems to fix the blue issue with the pics that are illustrated in the book I have.

How do I go about fixing this in Paint.net?

Please let me now.

I have attached a few files to illustrate the lack of colour in them.

Thanks for all the great help

Cheers

Jr223

9632_74f5a302c212739f9f0539bf1434c7f8

9632_83b9d97c256d1a2037da4a4e8f841657

Hurry! You should change the title of this thread before it gets locked, and read the rules. :-)

You should try the Adjustments > Curves option. Turn up the red, and turn the green and blue down. Let me know if you need more help.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

VERY nice work, uH!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

(pssst...that was supposed to be an ego boost...)

Thanks so much for the great help!

My pics look very very good now.

Just out of cureosity what did I do wrong with the message?

I read the posting requirments, maybe I missed something.

Please let me now what it is and I will make sure in the future I follow the proper quidelines.

Thanks

Cheers

Jr223

Thanks so much for the great help!

My pics look very very good now.

Just out of cureosity what did I do wrong with the message?

I read the posting requirments, maybe I missed something.

Please let me now what it is and I will make sure in the future I follow the proper quidelines.

Thanks

Cheers

Jr223

Your post title wasn't acceptable. "Please Help," "I'm New," "Can You Do This," etc. or any variation thereof is not allowed. It's very vague, and if we didn't weed those out we'd have a board with nothing but "Please Help"s all over it. :-) It's rule number 6.