Is there a thumbnail viewer plugin in the works...

I not to sure I understand what you mean. Do you mean when you go to open a folder in Paint.NET and the folder icon shows pic's in it of the images in the folder. Like the image below.

143_6e4911c273cfd0520b84f6d3f84c6b45

If that what you mean then that not a problem with Paint.NET and no plugin is needed. You just need to change your icon views in windows.

...similar to Paint Shop Pro's thumbnail viewer which creates an index of thumbnails for each folder so that it doesn't take forever to show images that are in a folder with a lot of images...

As long as you didn't turned it off, Windows should create such indexes automatically ("thumbs.db", the files are flagged as hidden and system and therefore invisible). I really would find it annoying if PDN would spam my HDD with "double" catalogues and indexes or would overwrite my "folder.jpg"s with it's own (there is a media center app out there which I don't use only for this reason).

Normally Paint.Net should use the thumbs.db, but I've seen problems with the thumbnails already, e.g. wrong thumbnails (totally wrong).

Just use Windows and navigate to the folder you want to browse ...

Microsoft already spend tons of time and money developing a folder browser called Windows Explorer. There's no reason for me to write another one.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg