Tutorial Requests Topic Issues - Sticky in Tutorial Section?

I've noticed in the tutorial section there are constant requests for people to create tutorials. Even though Rick has posted the topic Tutorial requests will be deleted: please post them in G.D., which is on the top page of the tutorial section, there are people who "clog" up this section and others. It is a fair assumption to say the majority of people on the forums have not read the rules, which could be the cause of the sporadic tutorial requests posts throughout the forums.

Would it be reasonable to ask for a thread to be created as either an announcement or "sticky" in the tutorial section that is labeled "Tutorial Requests - Posts Requests Here," then as a subtitle "Requests in any other part of the forum will be locked/deleted."

When a new user (or sometimes old) wants to request a tutorial, they prop baby assume to ask for it in the "Tutorial" section. It makes sense to have tutorial requests a topic in the tutorial section. All requests not made in this topic would be deleted or locked, and should help clear up some of the random posts all over the forums.

sunev_sig2.png

I think it'd work, good idea :D

It would also give people a place to post things like "hey how do you do this? I'm a n00b & can't find the polar inversion effect".

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

I think this forum is fine for that...If people don't read things (rules, announcements, stickys, etc.) as-is, why would they read this? I just don't think it would work...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I think this forum is fine for that...If people don't read things (rules, announcements, stickys, etc.) as-is, why would they read this? I just don't think it would work...

QFT!

The problem is that people don't read. Adding more bloody potato for them to read doesn't seem like it would change anything...

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

David, I understand your point. However, think of it this way, the average person (new or old) may naturally go to the tutorial section to request a tutorial.

You may be right in the fact that it won't solve anything, however I believe it is worth a try.

sunev_sig2.png