Horizontal Scroll Over Statusbar Removes It

My laptop has a Synaptics Touchpad that allows you to to horizontal scrolling. By accident I did this while the mouse was over the statusbar, and to my suprise, it scrolled off the screen. Moving the mouse back into the editing area restores it. While its not a very big problem, it is weird to see. I'm not sure if this happens with actual mice that have horizontal scroll buttons, so could someone test it?

Another scrolling issue that is a little more annoying is that using the touchpad to scroll the editing area vertically works, but horizontally does not. It would be really handy if I could scroll both directions. Again, I'm not sure if this is just a touchpad issue.

I too have a Synaptics Touchpad on my laptop.

I was unable to scroll off the status bar, but I was able to affect just about everything else. This cannot be undone without closing and restarting the program.

[ Video Evidence ]

(Forgive the poor Flash quality. It was the smaller of the two, and the effect is just the same.)

I can, however, scroll the canvas horizontally with my horizontal touchpad hot-zone.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I never thought to try it other places (the statusbar happened by accident), but this happens everywhere on mine also. But minimizing and restoring restores everything except the floating windows, which cannot even be reset by opening and closing them. You have to completely restart PDN to get them back.

Its weird how you cannot scroll the statusbar but I can, and that your horizontal scroll works while mine doesn't. But now that we know it affects the entire program, this should definitely be fixed as it could cause some real confusion.

I never thought to try it other places (the statusbar happened by accident), but this happens everywhere on mine also. But minimizing and restoring restores everything except the floating windows, which cannot even be reset by opening and closing them. You have to completely restart PDN to get them back.

Its weird how you cannot scroll the statusbar but I can, and that your horizontal scroll works while mine doesn't. But now that we know it affects the entire program, this should definitely be fixed as it could cause some real confusion.

Click "Windows > Reset Window Locations". Makes your life a lot easier :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.