Making background of picture white

I am new to all this and just want to change the background of my picture to solid white, the background is not a complicated one, it is pretty much the same colour, I have searched all forums and can not do it, any help would be much appreciated

hi many thanks for your response , I tried to do the things u suggest but it doesn't work, could u please simplify for me, for example when i select the magic wand tool where do I select on the picture and then how do I delete, thanks again

ok, ill explain this:

the magic wand tool is a tool that where when you click and area, it searches for things of similar color and selects them for you, now you use the magic wand tool and select your background, if it does not select all the background you want to hold down ctrl and click the parts it did not select for you. then to delete it when you have everything selected that you want to delete just press the delete button on your keyboard.

also if you find magic wand selecting more than you want, then you will see right above the tools something called tollerance, tollerance is how tollerant to the shades of color you want the wand to be. less tollerance selects less shades of the same color, so if you were trying to select light blue from dark blue you would want a lower tollerance. more tollerance will select more types of that particular shade.

ext-4.jpg

As an alternative you could also try this tutorial:

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=4841

Obviously instead of deleting the background once selected just press the Backspace key on your keyboard with white as your primary colour.