How do I highlight/increase visibility of a color?

At work I photograph rocks/mountains with spray paint markings. Sometimes those markings are a little hard to see, so I would like to increase the visibility of them.

Usually, the photos are 95% greytones, and some red spray paint, so I guess it shouldn't be very hard to make the red color to stand out more.

It does not matter if the rest of the picture is slightly distorted, as long as it's easy to see the markings.

I have attached a sample photo. As you can see, another problem is that some areas have shaddows/darker areas - are there any simple techniques I can use to minimize the shaddows?

Thanks in advance!

post-135959-0-18801900-1398861707_thumb.

As long as the rocks are relatively gray like that, you can simply increase the color saturation to make the colored paint stand out. (Adjustments>Hue/Saturation or hotkey: ctrl+shift+u)

EDIT: The shadows are a bit more difficult, and how you go about reducing them depends on the purpose.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Ah I see. In that case, there is the Conditional Hue/Saturation plugin that worked pretty well when I tried it.

Set Hue range to about (280 to 20), Hue action to none, and Saturation adjustment to 200

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo