Need help finding right plugin or insturtion on creating an effect.

hi,

i'm fairly new using pdn, i've had it for awhile and just kinda played around with it, just using it to make quick little things. but now i'm wanting to start trying to do more. i just got a new dock program and i'm wanting to make some simple png images to use as icons.

i'm trying to get them to look like the one below. except with a solid back ground color.

i've kind  been able to do it in photo shop using the glass button style, but it donesn't look quite right.

it's not as defined as this one, the reflection isn't the same and no matter what i do.

not only that i would rather use pdn becuase, it's much easier to use and is just as good in my opion as photoshop.

i've gone through the plugin index and down loaded a few, but they just don.t seem to work, or i'm not picking the right ones, or, which is more than likely the case,  i don't know enough to do it the right way.

any help or direction, would be greatly appreciated.

post-134668-0-83147900-1387816135_thumb.

Hello Iggymoe - welcome to the forum,

It may be worth starting by looking through the tutorial section for something similar.

These two should give you some ideas:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/15707-glossy-galaxy-ball-tutorial/

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/12861-glass-ball/

Good luck!

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg