Text Bug

BamTh

Are you sure you weren't zoomed in at the time the text appeared bigger than it should?

Also, and I don't think many people know this, you can type in the font size dropbox. Say you want a font size of 5, just type it in and you now have a font size of 5. You are allowed a font size of 1 all the way up to 1999.

EDIT: It seems you can go up to 2000.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Perhaps you could show us an example of what you mean and why you think the text is too big.

It seems a little small to me.

I just open PdN and put some 72 point text on it. At 100% view the text was only 0.75 inches tall (measured on my monitor screen). At 72 point, a capital X should be exactly one inch tall.

You are correct, my screen is at 96 dpi. I redid my expirement by creating a 8 inch tall canvas with 72dpi. I placed a 72 point X on it 8 times (one on top of another creating a column of X's) and 8 X's reached from the top to the bottom of the canvas.

However, even if my canvas was 8 inches tall at 96 dpi, shouldn't 8 X's at 72 point still reach from the top to the bottom as 72 point = 1 inch (regardless of how many pixels are in that inch)?

For example, a 72 point headline in a newspaper is 1 inch tall even though newspapers are printed at 1250 dpi (same for magazines at 2540 dpi).