What are sprites?

No, I'm not talking about the soft drink. :)

I have this little animator program that can use sprites. I know sprites are two dimensional pictures, usually with transparency, that are used a lot in video games. I'd like to use PDN to make transparent pictures to use as sprites, but the animator program only accepts BMP and JPG formats.

Can somebody fill me in on this subject. I've been reading everything I can find for the last two days and I can't get the answers I need.

Thanks.

KORTECKGOLDGIFSIG455x100.gif

Thanks mastodonant. That is indeed the name of the animator program, but I need to know how to make and save a sprite. Since the animator program only accepts BMP and JPG's, saving a transparent picture as a PNG wouldn't help. The animator wouldn't accept it if I did.

Sprites must be different than a regular BMP or JPG because the animator already accepts those formats as backgrounds. I'm thinking that sprites must have transparency...and the only way I know to save a transparent picture is a PNG with paint.net.

I'm hoping someone will know a lot about sprites and tell me what format they use, how to save in that format, and maybe even clear things up if I have the wrong idea about sprites in the first place.

EDIT:Hey, never mind. I finally figured it out. You just cut out an image, save it as a BIP or JPG, and when you load it into the program as a sprite, the program (or something) removes the BMP or JPG background and it becomes transparent again.

Feel free to lock this one up Rick. Thanks

KORTECKGOLDGIFSIG455x100.gif

Thanks mastodonant. That is indeed the name of the animator program, but I need to know how to make and save a sprite. Since the animator program only accepts BMP and JPG's, saving a transparent picture as a PNG wouldn't help. The animator wouldn't accept it if I did.

Sprites must be different than a regular BMP or JPG because the animator already accepts those formats as backgrounds. I'm thinking that sprites must have transparency...and the only way I know to save a transparent picture is a PNG with paint.net.

I'm hoping someone will know a lot about sprites and tell me what format they use, how to save in that format, and maybe even clear things up if I have the wrong idea about sprites in the first place.

i havent used the program in a while but im pretty sure if you save a image as JPEG and upload sprite, than upload image it will work