transparent background

Hello quisquis and Welcome to PDN.  If you use the magic wand :MagicWandTool: on the yellow part, and then hit delete, that should get rid of the yellow.  You will probably have to be careful with the tolerance amount (usually set to 50%) and play with it to get the best result.  Then you can use a plugin, called AA's_ Assistant, to clean up the edges of your image that remains.  I hope that works for you :)

Edited by nanettealsop

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

hi - thanks for that but sorry, don't understand at all. I've just spent most of the day drawing a line around an image and FILLing the rest with yellow to be different from the image in hopes that I could then click FILL to switch the yellow bit to transparent. Does it not work like that? What is the magic wand for?

Nope, I'm afraid I'm one of the old crocks who can't get the hang of this stuff. I took a picture with a camera (lots, I want to make a gif) then I cropped it (not easy making exactly the same crop on lots of pictures, I bet there's an easy way to do this but I don't know it - anyway it's done). But my new cropped picture has two bright white lumps on the sides showing the bit I thought I had cropped away. So I copied and pasted the image to make a new image, and it still has those pesky white blobs on the side. Is it not possible to make the stupid machine forget the size of the photo it started with?  tia

Well, I can't help you with cropping multiple photos, but if you want to get rid of the white bumps, why not use the Rectangle Select around the photo :RectangleSelectTool: and then go to Image - Crop Selection and then save it to gif.  Simples!

th_1-3.png  Before

th_2-1.png  After

Edited by nanettealsop

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.