Tolerances plugin?

I want to finetune tolerances so I can in example change from 68% (not enough coverage) to 69% (about perfect), but instead it jumps to 70% or 71% (waaaay too much selected).

Is it possible to write a plugin to

* Mousewheel it (pointer over tolerance bar, scroll wheel, tolerance changes) or even

* press context button (mouse button 2) and spawn a dedicated input box to "hand it in"?

Go to your mouse settings in the control panel and make sure (in the pointer options tab) you have "enhance pointer precision" checked.

I regularly use magic wand an paint bucket at exactly 69% tolerance. With enhanced pointer precision on, it makes it a lot easier to get to 69% when I need it.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

If you use windows (which you probably do, considering the fact that you use paint.net), you should have this somewhere in the control panel:

mouseproperties_zpsbc4f66a4.png

Make sure it isn't the setpoint settings you are changing because that's something that comes with the mouse (I think) and isn't what you are looking for.

If you use windows 7, go to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound. There, under the words "Devices and Printers," click on "Mouse." That should bring up the above window. Select the pointer options tab to see the above settings options.

Edited by pdnnoob

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

and that tickmark is named "enhance mouse acceleration" in german.

Also, I don't want to enhance the mouse options. I want to enhance the tolerance setting.

I understand making mouse options more accurate is related, but not entirely on-point, so to say.

Edited by 203

I understand, but as of now, there isn't a way to solve it through other methods.

Plugins are limited to affecting pixels on the selected layer within the selection. They cannot change anything else, including tolerance, so it is up to Rick to come up with a solution.