MyPaint

Only reason that I'm asking, is because I just need an alternative to use pressure sensitivity on my work. But no beef with pdn.

Have you guys heard of MyPaint?

How did you like it?

Will MyPaint concept be intergrated in paint.net if intergrating pressure sensitivity becomes unsuccessful?

What part of MyPaint are you talking about? I assume it's about their alternative to pressure sensitivity, but would you care to explain how that works? I'm not sure I want to download something I don't need (I have photoshop and paint.net already) just to answer a question ;)

So far, the alternative method I've seen (and liked) for pressure has been speed. Faster mouse movement leaves lighter brush strokes and slow is darker. This can be imitated in paint.net, however, if you adjust your color transparency. It leaves circles everywhere when you draw really fast, but at slower speeds it works quite well.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

well, of course you wouldn't download it IF you didn't need it knowing that you also had PS, (kudos for you. I think it says a lot about pdn being the best out there, when you're using it while you have a program like PS available)

but yes, I was talking about MyPaint pressure sensitivity.

When adjusting the transperency, do you mean pdn or MyArt? It sure seems like a lot more steps to achieve something that could be done in just one stroke (just sayin')

Have you used it by the way? (MyPaint)

Again, don't worry... pdn is not going anywhere to me. Not only i'm still bumbed that they dropped the tablet pressure sensitivity thing, but I just want to try something else out, perhaps this way I can justify that pdn is truly the best.

With the transparency trick, I can imitate pressure in paint.net. I have not used MyPaint before, so I don't know how it works there.

If it is really a problem, I occasionally open up photoshop when I need to use my pen tablet. Since paint.net has the ability to save as .psd files (with the plugin), I can switch between the two whenever I want.

PS I love the reference to Hyperbole and a Half, a lot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html"]a lot[/url] :lol: Thanks admins (can't believe I hadn't discovered that earlier)

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo