Setting Paint.net as my default program

Right-click a file of the type you want to make default, then go to Open With, then Choose Default Program. If Paint.NET is in the list that shows up, click that and make sure the "Always use" box is checked. If it's not, you'll have to browse to C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe.

If Open With isn't in the list when you right-click the file, try again and hold Shift while right-clicking.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Right-click a file of the type you want to make default, then go to Open With, then Choose Default Program. If Paint.NET is in the list that shows up, click that and make sure the "Always use" box is checked. If it's not, you'll have to browse to C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe.

If Open With isn't in the list when you right-click the file, try again and hold Shift while right-clicking.

"Open With" is and always has been available; I use it every time I open a graphic. I just want Paint.NET to come up as soon as I click on a photo. I'm tired of having to open the graphic with "Open With"