Moving Selection While Drawing One Causes Undesired Behavior

Currently, if your canvas is larger than the viewing area and the Tools / Colors / History / Layers boxes are above it (like this: bit.ly/HRlzsg), it is possible to use the Rectangle Select tool to create a selection that extends beneath those windows (like this: bit.ly/I1Dz5U)

However, if I change the selections position by holding down both Left Click and Right Click simulatenously, I can't actually extend the selection beneath the floating windows. If I try to, then I can't release the selection without changing tools.

Sorry for the poor articulation of the problem. Hopefully it made some sense as this problem can cause some bumps in my work flow.

signature.png

It seems like the window you drag over (after moving the selection being drawn) takes focus. This is letting me change tools, undo, move layers, etc before finalizing the drawing of the selection. This also causes the Rectangle Select Tool's cursor to not revert to the 'ready to create a selection' state.

signature.png