Looking for a specific type of brush...

I've been looking high and low, but coming up short, in looking for a specific brush option.

It's absent from the program, as far as I can tell, and I haven't been able to find a mod that meets what I'm looking for, even when carousing about the Plugin Index.

Is there a plugin out there, or even a tool in this program, that mimics the paint brush strokes seen in the Windows 7 version of MSPaint?

I'm talking about that effect where the brush fades out, like it ran out of paint. Any help would be much appreciated.

Unfortunately, there's isn't a tool to do that. One work around is to use transparent gradient and fade out where you want the fade to start and end.

Smudge can do that too. I think if you set the pressure really high or something like that, you can make it fade. Give both tips a try and let me know which works. I'm eating dinner and typing this at the same time.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

It is actually too bad that there are not brushes like that in pdn, maybe someone can create some of those for the custom mini brushes, since I have no idea how to do that! It would also make my art a lot more easy to create. At the other hand, I got used to my technics.

Most likely it would not be a custom brush mini brush, since those brushes are just a trailed image option. Mostly it would be anothe plugin or tool of its own, seeing as how you would have to code it to have a fade out option.

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

Unfortunately, there's isn't a tool to do that. One work around is to use transparent gradient and fade out where you want the fade to start and end.

Smudge can do that too. I think if you set the pressure really high or something like that, you can make it fade. Give both tips a try and let me know which works. I'm eating dinner and typing this at the same time.

I had a brain fart when I was writing this. I meant to say to increase the jitter in smudge, and it'll fade out pixels like a paint brush. Experimentation is key.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.