Jpeg image edges being cut off

post-85127-131499493858_thumb.jpgI am designing ads in MS Publisher then copying and pasting into "paint.net" to the save & upload to photobucket.

Everything been working fine until this week and box edges are being cut off (right side & bottom).

I've included 2 pics; a correct one (canisters) and one not right (flr lamps).

Thank you,

A.Powellpost-85127-131499492738_thumb.jpg

question= are they cut off when you reopen them in pdn or even windows live photo gallery--(windows 7 defualt pic viewer) or are they only being cut off when you load them to a website?-- for example, on facebook, you can use any size pic to upload as a profile pic, but it better be perfectly square or the facebook system will trim off the sides--- what im saying is- are you sure this is a PDN issue or could it be a website vs. size/ration issue?

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

question= are they cut off when you reopen them in pdn or even windows live photo gallery--(windows 7 defualt pic viewer) or are they only being cut off when you load them to a website?-- for example, on facebook, you can use any size pic to upload as a profile pic, but it better be perfectly square or the facebook system will trim off the sides--- what im saying is- are you sure this is a PDN issue or could it be a website vs. size/ration issue?

It sounds to me like the image is just going off the edge in Publisher, or when you paste it in. This doesn't look like a Paint.NET issue to me.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

OK, let's assume that the image is going off the edge when pasted into paint.net. Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve.

Like I said in 1st post...worked absolutely beautiful for @ least 75 ads. Started having problem after I began to re-work the ads (just making them smaller).

Help!!

Thanks guys,

A

When you paste the image, allow the program to resize the canvas. That will make the image fit within, no matter what size the image is.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

if the image being pasted into PDn is larger than the canvas size you are working with, you will be given an option to expand the canvas size

question.. when making them smaller are you using the RESIZE tool or the CANVAS SIZE tool.. the RESIZE tool will shrink the image, while the CANVAS SIZE tool will cut off part of the image

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

Thank you for your comments.

1. I have allowed the "program" to resize the canvas. Also, tried re-sizing canvas manually...neither works.

2. When I re-sizing the ad, I'm doing it from within MS Publisher. Then select all, copy...then pasting into paint.net.

Tried another one this morning (1 that did not work yesterday). The box w/descriptive info & boarder around it, right side did not get cut off today. However, box w/boarder @ bottom...its bottom boarder is cut off.

Any other suggestions....I am stymied!

A