Feature Request: Thumbnail Browser

Hi all..

after using Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro for many years.. i particularly grew attached the excellent thumbnail browser feature in Paint shop pro.

I have recently ceased using Paint Shop Pro because of Corel's stupid DRM, where they would not allow me to activate the software on my new pc (old pc had died).. then despite numerous tickets requesting help/attention/assistance, i have been completely ignored.. not even a response. At this point i decided i would try Paint.NET and to be honest what i have experienced is excellent so far and required only a little bit of adapting on my part.

The only feature that i need and that Paint.NET doesn't currently support (or via a plugin) is the thumbnail browser. Paint Shop Pro had a "Browse" button on the toolbar, after pressing it it would ask you in which directory you wanted to execute the browse function. After selecting the directory, it would thumbnail every file that was a recognised image format in that directory and every sub directory. It would then produce a .jbf file in each directory so that next time, paintshop pro could quickly read to display the thumbnails.

The thumbnails would be tiled and could be sorted/filtered by filetype, size, alphabetical etc (as you would expect) and any images could quickly be opened by simply double clicking the image in the browser window.

It would be fantastic if this feature could be worked into Paint.NET

or if anybody knows if such a plugin exists, please reply as i have been unable to find one.

Best regards

after using Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro for many years.. i particularly grew attached the excellent thumbnail browser feature in Paint shop pro.

It would be fantastic if this feature could be worked into Paint.NET

I'm just a user of Paint.NET but I'm pretty sure that this will no be happen because Paint.NET is an digital image editor and not a browser.

In the near future you may use Irfanview to browse your .pdn files in thumbnail and normal view. From there you can setup Paint.NET as the editor of your choice.

midoras signature.gif