Please can someone help me, i've just finished drawing my first ever drawing on Paint.net, It's of a a horse from scratch, but know i'm having trouble with shading, i need tips on how to make the shading realistic, addin darker and ligh colours, i've tried a lot to different ways, but they all look extremely messy and horrible, is the a neat and proffesinal way? PLEASE HELP! :)

right^^, but to answer you question just use magic wand and select the area you wanna shade make a new layer and put that over the other layer, now draw with a darker, lighter color on the edges where you want the shading to be and then just use Gaussian blur until you think i looks good.

P.S you should move this to another section :D

teknightsignb.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday is history - Tomorrow is a mystery

Today is a gift.

So go use Paint.Net before it's to late!

I feel soo silly as you can see i'm a complete newbie....but thank you, thank you, thank you soooooooooooooo much :D:) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Problem m8, just glad i could help :P

teknightsignb.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday is history - Tomorrow is a mystery

Today is a gift.

So go use Paint.Net before it's to late!