TEXT IN A CIRCLE

Thanks Heat Stroke,, that is it. Need to play with it,, haven't been able to get the curve at the beginning and at the end of a sentence yet..... the other thing.. is this... can I create a circle, or call it a ring around what I typed in a circle? Can I have a ring on the outside and on the inside of the words that are in a circle? The other thing, is that what I type is in a circle.. but I would like to move the words around a little,, the relationshop to the top of the circle and the words,, as it is, what I would like to be on top is on the side.. can I rotate that some how? If so, can you give me an example?

Thanks again.. this was the exact thing I wanted,, just have to hone it a bit now.

Art

Thanks afcdon,

How did you get the ring around the text? Can you get a ring around the text on the outside and the inside?

The other issue I would like to address (fi possible) if you take a look at the position of the text that you typed, "this is a test".. you see it is on the right side of the round.. What if I want to place it at the top? Possible? Another thought,, what if I want "this is a test" on the top, and "something" at the bottom with a space between the text,, but still in the circle?

I am still trying to curve down the start and the end of a sentence....... I get sentences at angles, but now straight with the downward start and finish.

Thanks, and happy turkey day to all.

Art

I did some playing around,,

I will try to attach the two files.

You will see that the circle text ,, I was able to move around,, but the top half is backwards ?!?!

The next post will be the set up that I used,, maybe you guys can see where I am going wrong..?

Still no joy with the curved beginning and ending of a sentence.. I don't want a wave I want a straight sentence,, and a curve down of the first few letters of the first word and the last few letters of the last word.

Thanks

Ah....I see I can attach more than one file.. great. learn something every time I come here.

post-77887-129069456986_thumb.png

post-77887-129069458505_thumb.png

Art,

See attached which shows text at top,bottom, left and right of circle - screenshot shows I used separate layers for each item of text (e.g. 'top' text, 'bottom' text, etc). I used the ellipse tool to draw my circle - on it own layer.

You can move text to be outside the circle when using the Circle Text plugin by adjusting the Radius slider. Also use the Clockwise tick box, to alter direction of the text.

With regards to curving text at start and end of sentence, I can't think of a good solution.

post-78838-129069898636_thumb.png

I am still FIGHTING with learning the layers thing... everytime I acheive the end result I wanted,, it was by pure MISTAKE !!!!!!!!!

Attached is the curved end that I am looking for.. maybe it will clear up things.....maybe make it worse..

Thanks.. Could someone direct me to a tutorial on "beginning use of layers" ?

Art

post-77887-129070186798_thumb.png

Sarkut,

I downloaded the oblique plugin..

I typed a sentence.. went to the effects and then oblique.. got the box showing the directions.. but was unable to get any curves.. only straight angles..

Can you tell me the steps you took to creat that sentence in your reply? Actually both references.

Thanks

Note that there are several spaces between the letters as entered in the plugin UI.

The normal text is size 24. It matches better with the plugin set to size 25.

The three letters were made on their own layer, then moved with the Move Selected Pixels tool.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3472/curve03.png

=============================

There are two plugins in the same plugin pack with similar names.

Oblique.dll

TubeOblique.dll

The tube one is the one to use for this.

Edited by Sarkut

I have attached a file.. It is written in Hindi,, I translate it to English and want to replace the Hindi with English.. you see it is 1/2 circle.. Is it possible? HOW??

I can delete the letters in the different colored areas,, and dump that color to take the place of the missing color.. but I would like to type the text to somewhat follow the curve.. (???)

Well the PNG file would not upload... TOO BIG it said ,,,, what it looks like is a 1/2 round text on top of a seal.

I would like to type a text that would only be 1/2 roung instead of the complete circle that we went over yesterday.

Any direction would be wonderful.

Thanks,

Art

Type the text in twice, and adjust things so that it looks right on the top half.

Afterward erase the duplicate text on the bottom.

You can also add extra spaces using the space bar

in the bottom part if it helps position things properly.

---------------------------------------------

If you open a free account at http://imageshack.us/

you'll be able to upload image files up to 5 MB in size.

Then you can post the Direct Link URL here.

Edited by Sarkut

Art,

To get text in 1/2 circle, used the Circle Text plugin.

On background layer I have created the outside layer of text - in the UI, Angle of Arc set to 180; Angle of Start -90 and Clockwise ticked. Radius set high - play around with setting.

Created a new layer - screenshot2 - created the next inside layer of text - in UI same settings as before, except Radius value reduced.

Then used Elipse tool to create circles - on new layer - setting brush wide as appropriate and using Object Align to centre.

Created new layer and created 1st text inside elipse - settings as before but reducing Radius.

Final text - "Distinction" - into another new layer - unticked Clockwise and adjusted settings until happy.

post-78838-129078889042_thumb.png

post-78838-129078890525_thumb.png