FileType Plugin: Getting Started

baffler

Well, I've done a lot of searching... and what resources I can find, seem to always be a 404. One that keeps coming up in google and searching the forums is this link

http://paintdotnet.f...hp?f=13&t=22453

It's suppose to be the filetype plugin template. Is this still available? And any other information/help would be appreciated.

There's a lot of file type plugins. I don't know which one that is. What type of file did you want to be able to save as?

Edited by himself22

"The truth is just an excuse for having a lack of imagination."

Photobucket sucks!

There's a lot of file type plugins. I don't know which one that is. What type of file did you want to be able to save as?

He's looking into writing a plugin.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I see...

I believe I misinterpreted the last line there...

"The truth is just an excuse for having a lack of imagination."

Photobucket sucks!

• 1 month later...

Hello guys,

I've tried the template above, but there are lots of things that I didn’t understand. What is scratchSurface in OnSave event and whyall the pixels there are the same color? What is the ProgressEventHandler and what SaveConfigToken is needed for? I’ve found that there are layers listed in the input Document, so do I have any method to merge them in one, or should I save them separately?

StillPaint.net is not open source I can’t understand how it works inside, so do you have any tutorial on how to write a filetype plugin?

Thanks in advance

• 4 months later...

It just keeps telling me that PaintDotNet.document.Render(PaintDotNet.RenderArgs) is obsolete, did any of you encounter that problem? What should I do?

Edit: Ok, got it. You need to provide a second Argument as well....

Edited by maexono