Hand Written signatures in word documents - What do I do??

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to scan my actual handwritten signature and inserting into word documents.

I signed a blank paper and scanned it to "Paint". All I have now is a full size document with my signature.

How do I get just the signature to insert into word documents or PDF's etc?

I'm very new to paint.net and have only mastered using the transparent backgrounds so I need help in this area. All the tools on paint.net are confusing to me and I'm not sure what to do or which tool to use.

I've read some people just insert but remember I have a full 8-1/2 x 11 paper document with my signature on it.

Do I lasso the name?? Do I rectangle the name and do something with it?

THANKS A MILLION ! :roll:

This is not helping me at all...I've already done all the google searching my head's gonna do today...can't someone just tell me what to click on?

Unlazy thyself. If we can do it, so can you.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

This is not helping me at all...I've already done all the google searching my head's gonna do today...can't someone just tell me what to click on?

Unlazy thyself. If we can do it, so can you.

Correct. All you had to type was "grim reaper plugin." I did it myself beforehand to make sure it worked. The reason I directed you to the search instead of delivering the links is the search is a powerful tool that can answer most questions people post here.

Okay now I'm still confused (blonde). I went to download grim color reaper and all I got was some Reimage repair. Even if that is the correct name...okay I have that. I moved the .dll file to the effects folder and opened paint.net and an error said I was missing a file (the one I moved). It fixed it and opened paint.net. However I still have no clue once paint is open how to "set to white".

Sorry, I'm usually better at figuring these things out but this one has me totally confused.

Okay now we're getting somewhere...I think. I have the zip file...I extracted it.

I moved the .dll file to my paint.net effects folder. I closed that...I'm in my paint.net program where my signature is but I see nothing under effects for color. I apparently am missing something.

I appreciate your patience on this...and I AM trying to Unlaze thyself...haha

Well, something is not as it should be. :)

A few questions-

What OS version are you using? (XP, Vista, etc.)

What OS Service Pack level do you have installed?

Fully current on Windows Updates?

What Paint.NET version?

Current stable version is v3.5.3.

What did you extract the .dll with?

In the top menu:

Utilities > View Plugin Load Errors

Any reference to Grim Reaper?

Okay.

Re: Extracting the zip - Simply left-clicking, then copy/paste to the Effects folder is best.

Sometimes an extraction program will corrupt the file,

Alzip in particular has been a problem in the past.

Pls. open your Paint.NET/Effects folder, so that the plugin files are visible.

Make a full-size screenshot including the Windows Explorer window address box

showing the full path to the Effects folder.

Upload to ImageShack and post the direct link here.

=========================

http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/