Which is better: GIMP or Paint.NET?

Of course, this being a forum created for Paint.NET there is obviously a greater than sign pointing to it already. But both of them seem to have their own charms and cons. Recently I preferred using GIMP for editing one of my photos instead of Paint only because it as more tools and gizmoes, even some that most people haven't even found in the deep, dark abyss of GIMP's engineering.

So I hereby ask you all which one you all like most. Expound yourself. Don't be afraid to tell. :idea:

All your images are belong to us

original.png

PDN is a simple, well designed program thats easy to learn and use and has great results.

Agreed. GIMP seems to be only useful for professionals. I still don't quite get that

GIMP is the incarnation of evil.
:P

All your images are belong to us

original.png

I think this is about the fifteenth or twentieth such thread. :-P The answer is always: neither. Both have a different purpose.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.