Another 1603 question

rdsls2

I too am getting a 1603 error upon installation. I was prompted to update an otherwise perfectly good program when it hit the 1603 error same as everyone else. I have followed all the advice up to page 5 of this board. I have windows vista 32 bit. I have SP-2, i have the NET framework installed and turned on. i have tried making its own PDN folder outside of the program files, i have tried installing it in documents ( that is where i installed it in my laptop) I have done the Repair, i have done the installer cleanup. I did the chkdsk. all to no avail. Is there somewhere i could download the older version that worked? I even tried copying the older version from my laptop on a flashdrive and installing it , no luck. This was a GREAT program up till now. ANY HELP!!!!!

Hi,

similar problems here. Details:

* windows 7 ultimate

* automatic install choosen (program has been deïnstalled)

* sorry, can't recall previous version (but since I always follow the proposed update everytime I use Paint.NET it should be quite recent)

* install created system restore point

* removed previous version (again? Tries this every time I try to install)

* Fatal error during installation (error 1603)

Please advise.

Kind regards,

Hans de Groot

The Netherlands

We do not provide previous versions, and it is against the rules to ask. Please do not do so again.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

It's rude because all he had to say was it wasnt available. He didnt need to include its against the rules and dont ask again. I'm not a child. AND it did nothing to solve the problem, I agree with the other poster . how about addressing the problem. How about posting a solution instead of chastising me about my response to an unhelpful post. AND i didnt ask paint.net to supply an older version. the question was is there another source for the older program. So before you respond. It is unnecessary to respond with anything but a solution to what appears to be a common problem. As you can see i did try multiple solutions that were offered on the pages before i originally posted. Given that information, is there anything else i can do. I have used this program for a while and have recommended it to others and i would like to continue to do so. i didnt come here to start a flame war , just get help with YOUR product. How about it?

It's unnecessary for you to comment at all on my post. I'm more than ecstatic to help with anything I can, so long as you are kind and read the rules before posting. You did neither, and as such I'm locking this thread. Anyone who can help can comment and unlock it, but you're acting like a petulant child, so I'm going to treat you like one.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.