Odd Updating behavior

Or rather, lack of behavior...

I really don't know what happened, but I tried using the Built-in updater, and it found the update. I clicked install, and it downloaded. When the download finished, it reported that PDN would have to close to be updated, and I clicked OK.

Then I waited for about a minute, and nothing happened. I was still able to draw on the canvas and whatnot, so I clicked the [x] and closed it and downloaded the installer from the URL you gave.

The update went just fine and PDN still works, but I'm curious as to why it didn't close and start the update itself. I didn't see any other reports of this problem yet, so I don't know if it can be repeated.

Maybe my system just had a lazy moment. It has been hanging around me for quite some time. Perhaps my bad habits are rubbing off on it... :wink:

So yeah, I don't know if it's a bug, but it was odd, so I figured I'd at least tell you about it.

Happy trails!

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

This should be fixed in 2445.

That's the problem with updater bugs -- you can claim they are fixed all you want, but people will still report them because they're using the old version :)

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg