shadow

bsnelling

I have searched and could not find it (have read faq and forum rules) and are still looking:

I am trying to get a tiled background for my twitter account...I have the picture, but it looks too irritating, so I want to make our logo darkened overall, so it won't be too prominent. Make the image greyed out/ faded/ shadowed.

I am not sure how else to describe it. Hope you can help.

I would like to add the twitter link, so you can see what I mean, but I am afraid that you do not allow that in this forum.

Can you help me with this?

Oh, I think I know what you mean. Try adjusting the transparency of the layer by pressing F4 and turning down the transparency.

Thank you for the help. Check it out:

twitter.com/allterrainmed

I would like to add the twitter link, so you can see what I mean, but I am afraid that you do not allow that in this forum.
Thank you for the help. Check it out:

twitter.com/allterrainmed

Ironically, there's no rule against posting links to help people understand how to help you, but the second quote violates rule 23.

KaHuc.png

We can let this minor indiscretion slide as it was posted with the intention to present the results of the topic, perhaps with the desire for further advice, not to mindlessly spam. :)

The end product looks spiffing. You had the right idea for darkening it.