Skated ice?

I tried someing up with things that didn't match up with your request, but might lead to the solution. What I am thinking is something like a 1 pixle line and then playing around with the oil painting (Set at the lowest settings in both areas) and then sharpening. I tried all ways possible and that came up with the closest results. You need to have anti-aliasing (Can never spell it right >_<) and then oil it. Also, sharpening actually sometimes takes away some of the line, which makes it dissapear. I havn't figured out what I have been doing inbetween them, but I am trying.

EDIT: Figured out someting VERY VERY close. And it is pretty easy too, there is something wrong with it when the lines cross, but you can beat that by making the lines one at a time.

1. Draw a 1 pixxle width line, anti-aliasing on.

2. Then use the Oil effect too and have brush width set to 1 and the courseness between 100-200.

3. Glow seems to barely effect it, but that little bit makes it look a little nicer. Set glow to default except brightness, set it to max.

THIS WAS DONE ON TWO LAYERS! THE BACKGROUND LAYER WAS BLACK AND THE TOP LAYER WAS TRANSPARENT WITH WHITE LINES!

I have not test it using anything else.