Why So slow?

I like this software, and have used it before. But when I downloaded the software this time, and tried to install it, it took over 1 hour to try to install. I don't recall it taking that long in the past. I have a 80GB computer, Windows xp, sp3 with all updates and that current framework installed as well.

I don't really feel like I should have to leave the software installing for an hour or more in hopes it will actually install. Does anyone have an idea on what the problem is here? I've tried to download the software twice, with the same result.

Lou

I kinda had the same problem before when I tried to download it. The progress bar was stuck when it was full and it was going nowhere so I canceled it and restarted my computer and Paint.NET was installed and working even though I didn't get a confirmation that it was successful installed. I'm not sure what the problem was, but I've actually done that twice and it worked both times.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

It shouldn't take more than a minute. Maybe you had some Windows Update chugging away in the background -- I've seen that happen on occasion which made .NET take an hour to install.

Also, I moved this post to the Troubleshooting section.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg