How to make a clean "Cut out" ?

Hi,

It has probably been asked several time but I don't know if "cut out" is the right word in English, so I explain the situation a bit.

I've 2 images

ja5dt4l2j00hm2zdix-fond_noir.png and m3n7zrn0dklpmcipv7-screenshot010.png,

and I want to paste the second on the first one, but in a clean manner, not with the jaggies.

Like this without the jaggies:

m1e1o5hpich5iu3h4n-jaggies.png

Does it need a plugin and how to do it?

use the lasoo selector with 300 or 400 % magnification to select and remove the background, then return to 100% magnification amd, if needed, use the feather pluggin to smooth out the edge. at least that's how i do it. and the term you're looking for is indeed "cutout", but you'll also find it called a "render", if that helps in any way.

redsig.png

You can't never get a cut out exactly the way you want it, because at the edge of the object it is anti-aliased, even with photos, but for best results lasso select or eraser tool.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

I personally use Alpha Masking (tutorial).

You could also use the selection tools and feather the result to smooth out the jaggies (tutorial).

Next time you have a question, make sure you try searching the forum first with the Google Custom search - that way you won't have to wait for an answer that's already indexed on the first page. ;)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Concerning the search, before using it, you need to be sure that the terms are appropriate ;).

Oh, I fully understand. I always run the search myself with the verbiage used in a post before pointing out the search page to make sure the search turns up appropriate results, and I include a link to the results page for those terms when I do point it out. For this one, I just used the terms you had in quotes in your title, as I figured those were the ones going through your head at the time, and the link to Simon's tutorial was the fourth result. ;)

We'll always be happy to point you in the right direction - I just wanted to make sure you knew that we provide an automated feature that can get you to your desired results faster. :)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype