how to slice image in equal parts?

Hi. i just downloaded and installed PDN. for one of my project i need to cut a single image in multiple images of variable width but same height?

i was doing this by selecting and cutting the image area and then saving to new image but every time i can not get same height as required. how i can do that?

another thing is how i can resize the selection. the problem is that when i select something and after that if i try to resize the selected area photo get distorted. hope i am clear regarding selection area resizing. actually i am not sure how to put in words. let me try once more. i was using picasa before and when i select crop option in picasa all i do is just select some random area then resize that selection and crop. it does not effect the image proportion but in PDN i could not find crop option. there is an option 'crop to selection' but that is not what i am looking for.

thanks for help.

In regards to picking a selection of a set size: In PDN, there should be a drop-down menu at the bottom right of the top toolbar, just above the default position of the floating "tools" window. Click on that. At the top it should have an option "Choose defaults". Click on that. Where it says "selection tools", you want to change "normal" to "fixed size". Then you can set the size.

As far as the other thing goes, you're saying that when you resize your image is getting distorted. To solve that, simply hold Shift while resizing. This constrains the image ratio to the current ratio.

Photobucket Sucks!

Thanks.

you saved me.

it is great software. i used GIMP as well but that was too heavy for my P4 system with 1GB RAM but it is very fast as compared to GIMP. and i think it has more plugins than GIMP.I liked GIMP also but because of my system i was not able to use it to max performance. many time i had to shutdown the system because GIMP caused it to hang.

thanks for help.

• 15 years later...

doesnt work there is no option (using latest version of PDN btw)

On 4/16/2009 at 9:34 PM, PyroTechniques said:

In regards to picking a selection of a set size: In PDN, there should be a drop-down menu at the bottom right of the top toolbar, just above the default position of the floating "tools" window...