Help with downloading/running.

Ok, so i got turned on to your program by a friend at sythe.org. I came and downloaded the windows version, and then ran setup. After setup it required a restart, so restarted, and then went back to the folder that i had downloaded the installer into and it wasnt there, nor was it anywhere else on my computer. i ran the installer again, and this time it came up with 2 options, either Repair, or Uninstall, so naturally i chose repair, and then restarted(again) and came back and it still wasnt there. i removed it all and am going to attempt to download one more time once i get some responses as to why this may be happening. thanks for all your help,

Dustin.

Are you trying to run the program through the installer?

That won't work. The installer is only useful for installing the program initially. In order to run it, you have to go to your Start Menu and find Paint.NET. It should be under "All Programs".

EDIT: Oh, I see. Yeah, Rick's probably right. You want to download the actual program for Paint.NET from the Download link that the top of the Paint.NET homepage. (I would give you a link, but for some reason my browser won't give me the URL.)

Photobucket Sucks!

Moved to Troubleshooting

Pay close attention to whether you're running the installer for Paint.NET, or .NET Framework. Paint.NET doesn't have a "Repair" option that's accessible in the manner you describe, but .NET Framework does.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg