creating a superimposed image

shawnago

this may be simple, but I cannot figure it out.

I want to create an image that looks like it has a secondary image superimosed onto it. And then faded out to have a smooth transition from one to the other.

Hawaii1036play.jpg

that is just a sample of something that I mean. I'd like the picture of the woman to blend into the main picture.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

(if the picture comes out too big, I'm sorry!)

That's easy :wink:

Make a new layer, put the "superimposed" image on it, move it, scale it as you want, then select the area you want, press Ctrl+I, release Ctrl+I (^^), then press the [Delete] key. :D

Try this, open up the background image, then click layers->import from file and find the image you want superimposed. cut out the section of the superimposed image that you want saved like entY8 said up there ^. now, duplicate the superimposed layer and on the original superimposed layer (the one that's underneath the new one), do a gaussian blur to fade it in. After that's done, play around with the opacity of the top layer till you get something close to what you want.

Lawless%20government%20sig.png