Installation Error

I was using Paint.NET for about 2 weeks or so. Everything worked fine and I was still happy. After I opened it up the next day, it said "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click on OK To terminate the application." So I uninstalled the program and tried reinstalling it.

When I reinstalled it, I got the same message: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click on OK To terminate the application." I searched over this site and tried everything. I installed the .NET Framework. The setup still wouldn't work. So I used the Repair option in the .NET Framework setup. Everyone was repaired but the setup still didn't work!

Is there a way to fix this?

I'm using Windows XP Professional SP2

25858_a98636f3ade99ce3c05368f46bb2e12f

A quick Google search indicates others are having this issue (not necessarily with Paint.NET) because they somehow got the "WORM_KLEZ.E" virus.

So, please run a virus scan! Please report back if that fixes this, or if it doesn't. Thanks.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

A quick Google search indicates others are having this issue (not necessarily with Paint.NET) because they somehow got the "WORM_KLEZ.E" virus.

So, please run a virus scan! Please report back if that fixes this, or if it doesn't. Thanks.

I did a virus scan but it didn't find a virus. What should I do next? :(

Download some more virus scanners.

Get AVG free, Avast! (also free), and there are also some more, but I can't remember them of the top of my head.

Okay... I installed every free virus remover I know.

I tried Avast!, but it didn't detect anything.

I tried AVG Free, but that didn't detect anything too.

Then I tried Trend Micro Damage Cleanup Engine and Template, still.... nothing.

Now what? :(

• 2 weeks later...