Paint.NET assosiations, etc.

I ran a shortcut of PDN and it didn't work, I found that the entire PDN directory had been deleted. So, I installed it again, except that it installed 1 folder with 1 file then failed, and the installation bar went backwards. So, I copied the folder from one computer to mine (C:\Program Files\Paint.NET) and it runs. But, I can't open any PDN files from windows explorer. It comes up 'Choose program to open blahblahblah.pdn' and gives me a list. I click browse and find the main exe, but when I click open it doesn't come up. This also happens in the file associations in folder options. It has also reset my default EDIT (right click a jpeg) to MSPAINT! This is really bad, I need help. Thanks in advance.

Before you criticize someone; walk a mile in their shoes. That way; you'll be a mile from them; and you'll have their shoes.

• 3 weeks later...

It just won't install. At all. It goes about 3/4 of the way (loading bar) and then says "error" and the loading bar goes backwards!

Before you criticize someone; walk a mile in their shoes. That way; you'll be a mile from them; and you'll have their shoes.