scaling pictures?

do we have scaling on paint.net, that actually keeps the pictures unblurry. ive been trying to find the same scaling tool as in photoshop, but i havent come anywhere close to that in paint.net, i love using this software its simple and easy to use but it can be unbelievably frustrating, when it blurs your pictures completely when trying to resize....

If you are scaling up, you find 'blurring' on many graphic packages, including Photoshop to an extent. This is because when resizing up, pixels are 'pulled apart' to fill the new size, and the application has to 'fill' the newly created 'gaps' from this pulling apart. Pull a jumper or tee-shirt slightly to see what I mean. To counter this 'blurring', go to Effects > Photo > Sharpen, or try out Tanel's Unsharp Mask: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6368

When scaling down you are loosing pixels so everything can fit into the new size. Occasionally, this can lead to 'blurring'. To remedy this, try the above tools.

Using either sharpen tool isn't a guaranteed fix to the point your images look pixel-perfect to the original - resizing is a destructive action when all said and done - just that these should ease the appearance of a blurry image. Only if applied correctly, of course: too much or too little will result in an unsightly image or look to have no effect at all.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by scaling. And usually when you drag and resize it does go blurry, but when you let go, it goes fine.

Are you holding Shift while resizing?

lol i just tried that before you posted. it still manages to stay blurry. but thanx for trying to help. appreciate it. and by scaling i meant, you can resize the pictures but it doesnt get so blurry, rather blurs slightly in photoshop. thanx anyways!

If you are scaling up, you find 'blurring' on many graphic packages, including Photoshop to an extent. This is because when resizing up, pixels are 'pulled apart' to fill the new size, and the application has to 'fill' the newly created 'gaps' from this pulling apart. Pull a jumper or tee-shirt slightly to see what I mean. To counter this 'blurring', go to Effects > Photo > Sharpen, or try out Tanel's Unsharp Mask: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6368

When scaling down you are loosing pixels so everything can fit into the new size. Occasionally, this can lead to 'blurring'. To remedy this, try the above tools.

Using either sharpen tool isn't a guaranteed fix to the point your images look pixel-perfect to the original - resizing is a destructive action when all said and done - just that these should ease the appearance of a blurry image. Only if applied correctly, of course: too much or too little will result in an unsightly image or look to have no effect at all.

ill try the shaprening and softening. that should probably help. thank you!