Layer Window

Greetings once again, johnathanamber.

Or maybe send a new layer to the bottom of the list instead of having to click 'down' multiple times until your hand hurts?
If you were to create a new layer above the bottom one (as new layers are always created above the currently selected), you will only have to move down once.

As for automatically alphabetising, I personally cannot speak for this.

Does this help somewhat?

@Myrddin... greetings,

Thank you very much for your assistance and advice on my previous post as well as this one...

If you have over 100 layers in one PDN file... and you drag and drop an image from explorer, a new layer populates at the top of all the layers... not the one that you have selected prior to dropping the new image.

See my problem?

God bless,

Johnathan

signature.png

work around for you I also work many layers.

open a new image and drop it in there

edit select all copy

then go to you working image

add a transparent layer where you need this new image and paste.

when you are working with that many layers its a good idea to become proficient juggling between images back and forth.

ciao

@clao,

Yeah I have been doing that... found out to be the only work around... just was wanting something easier.

If you have a multiple layered PDN file with over 100 layers... it can certainly bog your system down... so any cut of seconds that you can shave off saves a lot of time.

Curious though... tried this and it doesn't work... is I copy an image in explorer... why when you paste it in PDN does it not see the image? it gives an error instead... Anyway to have that work?

God bless,

Johnathan

PS: OMA... that's funny, that is what my mother wants my kids to call her... 'Oma' Grandma in German.

signature.png

@OMA,

First off, sorry about not seening the 'i' in 'ciao'... been looking at the screen for 8 hours straight today... pixels are blending together...

Second, that is pretty much what I am doing...

I work for a company that supports airlines and airports. And we have this system that we use to save everyone money... a multi-use system environment... MUSE.

Anyway, we create our own graphics, buttons background, etc...

Previous users were using Photoshop. I found P.N and it is awesome. I consider it a free replacement of photoshop... from what I've seen/found it can do everything that photoshop can... AND IT IS FREE!

Anyway, I have one PDN file with ALL of the airline logos in it along with several button background images. I select what button I want then multiple the airline image over it then save it of (flattened) as another file.

Easiest way I can find with what I've got.

God bless,

Johnathan

PS: Great minds think alike... sometimes it is hard to find those great minds in a sea of 'not so smart' ones.

signature.png