How do I create a picture by adding a person to my original

I really feel like I am missing something here. I have done the tutorials to cut out and image and make the background invisible. But I cannot get what I want no matter what I do. I want to add a picture of a relative to a family picture. I have the original image with everyone in it and all I want to do is add the 2nd image to that picture. I opened both layers, I cut the image out that I want to transfer over. I made sure I did the outline and inverted it. I made sure I saw the checkerboard so it would be invisible. I then moved the image to where I wanted it on the picture, and rotated is as in for the suggestions on the collage tutorial. Then I saved it as I was instructed. But what happens is that the image sits there with the checkerboard around it. It doesn't go together at all. I am so frustrated. I have this image just sitting on the surface of everything, a persons face with the checkboard around it, then the other image of all of us is behind that, I tried moving the layers up and down as I used to with the Paint Shop Pro, but nothing works. It just will not merge the images into one image, it just has this odd ball image with the checkboard around it. Someone please help me, I need to have this for a family event in February.

Thank you,

Eeyore

PS I attached the image I cut out, and saved. Ugh.

22650_2b893f6ccdcd25f5cc19b125c77c7d4b

if u mean adding someone else to the picture, do u mean like the pic in my attachment, adding the stick figure?

if it is :D

follow these simple steps.

use a magic wand to get the outside of the person, delete it.

ctrl+n ( new layer) to get a new layer.then. get the picture you want to add, and add it to the new layer. then, move the layer down and ctrl+f to flatter. and presto :D

21072_24e75b4bc585a183644223a222fa5b52

This is clearly labeled PUBLISHING ONLY. I've moved this to the Questions forum.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 1 month later...
................., I am so frustrated. I have this image just sitting on the surface of everything, a persons face with the checkboard around it, then the other image of all of us is behind that, I tried moving the layers up and down as I used to with the Paint Shop Pro, but nothing works. It just will not merge the images into one image, it just has this odd ball image with the checkboard around it. Someone please help me, I need to have this for a family event in February.

Thank you,

Eeyore

PS I attached the image I cut out, and saved. Ugh.

it sounds like you do not understand how to merge layers? forgive me if that's not the problem but your message is a bit difficult to break down to what is causing your problem.

look at this is this what you have on your screen ? this program always merges layers downwards ie top layer down to the next layer etc. until all layers are merged. to highlight the top layer it is just a matter of cliking on the layer in layer box it should turn blue behind the writing.

merge.jpg

if that's not where you are stuck let us know, its just seems that's where you are going off from your explination..