Move Selected Pixels tool nubs overinflated

Alph Tech / STUART

If you zoom in on a selection of a certain size and your window isn't big enough it's impossible to move the selection because the hotspot area around the nubs is inflated with the zoom where it shouldn't be. (I'm aware you can drag anywhere on the visible canvas area. Sometimes the inflated selection handles will take occupy the entire visible canvas area.)

This is an understood and often-reported bug. I myself have seen it three times in the past two weeks or so. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I posted a new thread on it because the usual response to this bug is "drag somewhere else on the canvas", and I needed to point out that's not always an option, and clarifications like that added as a response after the fact tend to go unnoticed.

You can always copy the selected area to a new layer. Then select all, zoom in, and move with impunity. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.