Hiding the alpha layer and unhiding the rgb layer.

I've been experimenting with retextures for one of my games but, appearently I should be seeing more than just what glows, I should be seeing the whole image. So, my question is how do I hide the alpha channel layer and make rgb channel layer visible?

I would upload a pic to show what im seeing and what I should be seeing but it says "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." no matter what I do so, thats out the window lol.

And yes I have already read everything there is(not my first rodeo lol) either in the rules/faq thread and the help docs.

Im spending atleast 15 minutes every few days here searching for an answer but my searching was either to specific(got no results at all) or was too general.

Im someone who likes to figure things out for themselves but, this...this has been a though one for me. I have looked everywhere in the paint.net menus and have made no progress.

Any help would be cool thanks. 8)

EDIT: This guy is in the same boat as me.

http://forums.filefront.com/stl-problem ... t-net.html

a long time ago, a similar question was brought up, and I believe it was Rick that answered it, but I'll be darned if I can find the thread at the moment...

but I believe the alpha numbers were reversed, and it took one simple step to correct it. I remember I tried it out on a sample brought up in the thread, of a similar starship, but like I said, I just can't find that thread.

if you save the file as a 24-bit .tga (instead of 32-bit) file some of the details appear, but I think it was something else

Maybe it's as simple as using the 'color to alpha' plugin and inverting the alpha

Upload the dds image you're having trouble with, just for kicks. I want to check it out.

Well, I was messing around with the save as options(didn't actually save it just seeing what I could do) and 5-6 of the options in the dropdown list revealed the rest of the textures but, now I just need to find out which one works though due to the 512k to 3mb size range. Now I just need to figure this out with tga's.

if you save the file as a 24-bit .tga (instead of 32-bit) file some of the details appear, but I think it was something else

I only get a white background so, thats not it.

Maybe it's as simple as using the 'color to alpha' plugin and inverting the alpha

I will get it and see what happens.

EDIT: We have a winner!

Thanks guys. :mrgreen: