Faded Screen Shot Pasting

I have been using Paint.Net for a very long time. A recent change has become a problem I cant seem to fix. If I go to the web and find an image of a page or text or anything, I usually take a screen shot of my screen, then paste this into Paint.Net and cut the sections I need to use or make a reference for. This has never been a problem.

However, now when I paste this into Paint.Net, the image is over exposed, washed out, and very noisy. Im not sure if I changed a default setting somewhere but is there a way to get back to default settings or does anyone know how to correct this?

Posted (edited)

SOLUTION: 

I did some digging and found an old post from April 2021. The OP indicated the same issue in that she was taking screen shots of the web, pasting them in Paint.Net and they would be faded and washed out. What she also discovered was that this ONLY happens in Edge and Chrome browsers and that FireFox does not do this, and that is 100% true. My guess is that they did this in an effort to stall copyright issue. I DL FIreFox and problem was solved, sucks but that what it took

Edited by Aeroica

Here is an example of what I was talking about. Left is image from FireFox, and right is image from Chrome. In both cases, the "PrtScr" (Print Screen) button was used to capture the screen and then pasted into Paint.Net.

Example.jpg

4 minutes ago, Tactilis said:

Welcome to the forum @Aeroica

Please state:

• Which version of paint.net you are using?
  • Which version of Windows you are using?
  • What tool you are using to grab the screenshot?

1. Pait.Net v5.0.13

2. Windows 10

3. I tried both the PrtScrn button and the snipping tool. Is there something better?

39 minutes ago, Aeroica said:

I tried both the PrtScrn button and the snipping tool. Is there something better?

Please try this:

Depress Fn button and Print Screen together, over the image you want to copy, then paste into a new layer.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

58 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Depress Fn button and Print Screen together

Pressing Fn is only necessary if the keyboard (typically on a laptop) has dual purpose Function & Application Keys (i.e media keys, etc).

i.e Fn + Print Screen is the same actions as just Print Screen.

1 hour ago, Pixey said:

Print Screen... over the image you want to copy, then paste into a new layer

This is what @Aeroica is already doing.

They've also tried copying using the Snipping tool.