Request for the canvas to be immediately moveable after starting a new image

Hi Rick, would it be possible to have the canvas immediately moveable after starting a new image? I use the middle mouse button click to drag the canvas to the right (all the pallete/layers dialogs are positioned to the left). It seems you have to have zoomed in/out at least once before the UI updates so that you can use the middle click to drag the canvas around?

e.g.

new document > middle click to drag the canvas > does not work

Versus:

new document > zoom in once > zoom back out > middle click to drag the canvas > does work

3 hours ago, Dreamwing said:

Hi Rick, would it be possible to have the canvas immediately moveable after starting a new image? I use the middle mouse button click to drag the canvas to the right

Doesn't "Pan" 🤚 do that for you?

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

3 hours ago, Pixey said:

Doesn't "Pan" 🤚 do that for you?

Nope. Not after New image.

You need to cause the scrollbars to be displayed first, which as @Dreamwing says, can be done by zooming in then out by one step.

Visually, the canvas is then the same size/zoom level as it was just after doing New image, but the scrollbars are now enabled, so you can pan.

I often find myself doing the sequence:

Ctrl + N   Return     Ctrl + +    Ctrl + -   

to create the new image and immediately enable the scrollbars so that I can pan the canvas to where I want it to be in relation to the Utility windows.