paint.net for android

Hello,

I have always used Paint Net a lot on my computer, but unfortunately the device is not available all the time, so I wanted very much to have a version of Paint Net for mobile phones.

I need pdn a lot in design due to its features and ease of working with it, to the point that I use it more than Photoshop.

I searched a lot for alternatives to pdn on Android, but all photo editing applications for Android are, in the strictest sense, programs for “adding filters to images” and lack basic features such as setting the length:width of the image. Even Photoshop itself for the phone is a weak application for adding filters to images.

I mainly need the program on the phone. This will save me the need for several programs. I used 7 programs
Almost to have features similar to pdn, this will help me a lot in the design.

I tried to design a simplified image model of what the user interface could look like, and the final design was interesting and rather good.image.thumb.png.bfef52faab7f4d0bf9dd63821b4d5f3d.png

(The quality of the icons is bad because I do not have the original source, so I cut the icon using the snapping tool.)

(Note that the image was designed with the paint.net)

I really hope you think about making a version of pdn for Android that contains all the features of the desktop version. This will open new horizons for design and creativity on phones.

Edited by worker404
adding detail

Welcome to the forum @worker404

19 minutes ago, worker404 said:

I really hope you think about making a version of pdn for Android that contains all the features of the desktop version.

This is never going to happen. See the FAQ at https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/399-frequently-asked-questions-faq/

"(1) Will it ever be ported to Mac OS, GNU/Linux, or any other operating system?

(2) What about Mono support? Wouldn't that be really easy?

We will not be doing any work to directly support Mac OS, Linux, Mono, or any other platform. We are doing this in order to focus on the best quality and support for the platform that we develop on: Windows with .NET. Also, we simply do not have the resources or expertise to do any of this work."

If you'd searched the forum for  'Android'  you'd have found several posts giving the same response, including this one from just a few days ago!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, worker404 said:

I wanted very much to have a version of Paint Net for mobile phones.

You're asking for a completely different app. Paint.NET can't just be "ported to mobile phone." That's like asking to add a bed to your life raft because you can't always use your yacht. Yes, they're two superficially similar things, but they're also just ... not similar.

3 hours ago, worker404 said:

all photo editing applications for Android are, in the strictest sense, programs for “adding filters to images” and lack basic features

Because that's all you can really fit onto a mobile device's screen

4 hours ago, worker404 said:

I really hope you think about making a version of pdn for Android that contains all the features of the desktop version.

Never going to happen, and this has been communicated clearly since PDN's inception almost 20 years ago.

If you need Paint.NET, then use your PC. If you can't use your PC, then that's just a completely different issue? I can't solve all of your problems.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg