Need a Fix for Getting Straight Lines when trying to Draw Curves

Go to solution Solved by Lemonade,

Whenever I try to draw a circle or swirl, the line starts as straight and then curves as normal. I've fiddled with settings both in-program and with my tablet's software interface (it's a One by Wacom), turned my laptop on and off, tried connecting the tablet to the computer both before and after opening the program, etc. but the problem persists no matter what I do. Is there a fix for this short of getting a replacement tablet? 

Attached image is a visual showing the problem.

Issue Visual.png

Hello @Capt.Marsh and welcome to the forum :) 

Perhaps you are not proficient at making straight lines free hand.  I know I wouldn't be able to draw a straight line without help.

Perhaps use one of the handy plugins:

straigt-line-and-circle.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

19 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Hello @Capt.Marsh and welcome to the forum :) 

Perhaps you are not proficient at making straight lines free hand.  I know I wouldn't be able to draw a straight line without help.

Perhaps use one of the handy plugins:

straigt-line-and-circle.png

I actually didn't know about the existence of the plugins, thank you for the info!

However, my issue is a bit more than my (undoubtedly incredibly shaky) hands. When I drag my pen across my tablet, Paint.net literally won't start drawing until I get a certain distance from the point I made contact, at which instance it'll connect a straight line from there to the new point and then start drawing as normal. I wish I could give a video of this to make the point clearer, but I lack recording software. 

4 minutes ago, Capt.Marsh said:

certain distance from the point I made contact,

Ah - now I understand 💡.  It sounds like a 'sensitivity' problem.  I'm not a tablet-user, but there may be some on the forum who are, and hopefully can give you some suggestions.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

4 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Ah - now I understand 💡.  It sounds like a 'sensitivity' problem.  I'm not a tablet-user, but there may be some on the forum who are, and hopefully can give you some suggestions.

I'll try to mess around with my sensitivity more and see if that fixes the issue. Thank you for the advice!