[How to create] 2d ceiling security camera

msh
Go to solution Solved by Pixey,

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a 2d security ceiling-camera and not really sure how to do that.

Example of the kind of cameras I'm looking for (found freely from google images):

image.png.e3faa1247506d2e2e16f059a03971a1c.pngimage.png.b9f746cd0c88b5e1c24f5975ba63aea3.png

They're not really 2d, and I'm looking for something more "simple", a black and white version - but I'm guessing I can play with that part on my own.

The thing I'm getting baffled with is how to create such shapes.
I was thinking on trying to create 3 separate parts - the very narrow top "straight" line (circle in 3d),

then the white part that is round but not really circle - the base for the "eye-sphere",

and then the sphere in it - which is just a circle.

Not really sure how to create the 1st and 2nd part though - would appreciate any help anyone can give here 🙏

• Solution

Hello @msh :) 

You could make this by using the Shape Maker Tool and here are some tutorials on how to use it.

You also make a simple one by using the line curve tool as a template, and then using gradients to fill the parts:

using-line-curve-tool.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.