Unable to enable and see the Layers Window

There appears to be a problem with the Windows 10 5.0.7 and 5.0.9 builds where, when opening Paint.NET, the Layers window dose not appear. I'm unsure if I'm the only one experiencing this, but I had tried repairing the install and reinstalling the application altogether, but the issue replicated itself. Thankfully, before I posted this, I figured out that instead of pressing the Layers button in the upper right corner, I used the Ctrl + Shift + F7 keystroke, then the window popped up. Depending on what type of keyboard you're using, the keystroke might also need to include the FN key. Has anyone else experienced this issue, or am I the outlier?

Usually this happens when you have two or more monitors, and you forget that you turned one of them off, and that's the monitor where you had previous moved the Colors window too.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 6 months later...
On 8/22/2023 at 8:06 AM, RyanTheDandelion said:

There appears to be a problem with the Windows 10 5.0.7 and 5.0.9 builds where, when opening Paint.NET, the Layers window dose not appear. I'm unsure if I'm the only one experiencing this, but I had tried repairing the install and reinstalling the application altogether, but the issue replicated itself. Thankfully, before I posted this, I figured out that instead of pressing the Layers button in the upper right corner, I used the Ctrl + Shift + F7 keystroke, then the window popped up. Depending on what type of keyboard you're using, the keystroke might also need to include the FN key. Has anyone else experienced this issue, or am I the outlier?

I definitely had this issue after I installed the gif plugin, which uses that layers window. Your trick made it show up for me, thank you!

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Unable to enable and see the Layers Window