1603 error during installation

Go to solution Solved by Pixey,

Yesterday, I tried updating paint.net and it threw an error. The next day, I remembered it and saw that the entire paint.net folder was deleted. I tried installing it again and it threw a 112 error, and it said "There is not enough space on the disk", I knew that I had enough space because my E:\ drive (the one I tried downloading) had 148 GB of memory left. Then I tried it on the D:\ drive which had less space (144 GB to be exact) and now it threw a 1603 error which was more vague saying "Fatal error during installation". I dug through forums and saw the same thing repeatedly "Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed by Microsoft", soo I downloaded that and ran the diagnosis, but it found no problem. What to do?spacer.pngspacer.png

• Solution

Hello @Darthaizen it looks like you may have to use this tool, and then try to reinstall Paint.net again.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.