Rendering Benchmark

midora

I'm thinking about whether or not it makes sense to write a rendering benchmark plugin for paint.net.
Or should this be a built-in feature, because you can provide the result together with the
I know there are a lot of things which could influence the result, but to get an idea about the performance between different systems would be interesting (at least for me 😉
The history panel could also show the execution time of a command.

midoras signature.gif

This is something I've wanted to implement for awhile, other things have just taken priority. It would likely benchmark the rendering kernels directly, not the whole UI along with History items.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 1 month later...

Creating a benchmark plugin for Paint.net and hire dedicated development team. It would be useful for users to be able to compare their system performance with others, as well as help developers identify areas for improvement. That said, it may be more appropriate for Paint.net to include this feature as a built-in rather than relying on a third-party plugin. Additionally, by showing the execution time of each command in the history panel, users can easily identify and address any issues that may be slowing down their workflow.

Edited by hellempalmer